This report is also available as an Acrobat file.
THE WORLD WIDE WEB AND ITS CONTRIBUTION TO FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING
- Fisher, E. 1993. “Characteristics of children's talk at the computer and its relationship to the computer software”. Language and Education 7/2:97-114.
- Jamieson, D and G Chesters. 1995. “Language students creating with learning technologies: from fear to empowerment”. In O’Hagan, C (ed). Empowering teachers and learners through technology. Birmingham: SEDA Paper 90.
- Laurillard, D. 1993. Rethinking university teaching: A framework for the effective use of educational technology. London: Routledge.
- Laurillard, D. 1994. “Evaluation Procedures”. Document P004. The TELL TLTP Consortium. University of Hull: CTI Centre for Modern Languages.
- Laurillard, D and Taylor, J. 1995. “Designing the stepping stones: an evaluation of interactive media in the classroom.” Milton Keynes: The Open University: Institute of Educational Technology. PLUM Paper No.61.
- Mar-Molinero, C and Wright, V. 1993. “Languages and open learning in higher education”. System 21/2:245-255.
- Oliver, R and Oliver, H. 1996. “Information access and retrieval with hypermedia information systems”. British Journal of Educational Technology 27/1:33-44.
- Piper, A. 1994. “Ecología: the assumptions, expectations and strategies of Modern Languages students working in a self-access learning environment for the first time”. Language Awareness 3/1:11-28.
- Piper, A, V Wright, W Hall and S White. 1995. “Using hypermedia for language learning: a resource-based environment” IETI 32/3:220-228.
- Piper, A, J Watson and V Wright. Forthcoming. “A study of advanced language learners using new electronic media: what and how do they learn?”. In M Warschauer and R Kern (eds). Concepts and practice of network-based language teaching. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Taylor, J. 1996. “Moving into multimedia: issues for teaching and learning”. IETI 33/1:22-29.
- Teremetz, M. 1996. Report on the development and formative evaluation of a French hypermedia resource base. University of Southampton: Language Centre. Mimeo.
- Watson, J and V Wright. 1996. “Multimedia for language learning”. CLE Occasional paper 41. University of Southampton: Centre for Language in Education.
- Wright, V. 1995. “Evaluator’s report on the formative evaluation of Spanish Dialogues”. Unpublished report for the TELL TLTP Consortium. University of Hull: CTI Centre for Modern Languages.
Contact address for the authors of this Report
The Language Centre
University of Southampton
Tel. 01703 593977
Fax. 01703 593849
Alison Piper A.Piper@lang.soton.ac.uk
Julie Watson email@example.com
Vicky Wright V.Wright@lang.soton.ac.uk
Virtual Environments Visualisation