Rendering Survey - Formats
Information on specific formats
- the binary geometry format for Division's VR software.
- interchange format originally for AutoDesk's AutoCAD software.
Many CAD systems and modelling packages can export DXF and
there are convertors from DXF to most other
3D geometry formats.
- used for the exchange of information between CAD systems.
- the format associated with the SGI Open Inventor toolkit.
Its usage widened when it became the basis for VRML 1.0.
- in fact two different formats.
One is the Haines Neutral File Format and was used in conjuction
with tests of rendering algorithms.
The other is the neutral file format for the Sense8 World ToolKit.
- the format for defining a virtual environment
for Division's VR software.
- with its high profile on WWW and its progress towards
standardisation within ISO, this is becoming
accepted as a way of exchanging information
about virtual environments and linking them together
over the Internet.
- designed as the interchange format from AutoDesk's 3D Studio
modelling, rendering and animation system.
Can be converted to the formats for other rendering systems
and VR systems.
Appropriate if using 3D Studio for modelling and using
a different system for rendering.
General information other people have gathered
Virtual Environments Visualisation