This report details a project jointly funded by the Joint Information
Systems Committee (JISC) through the Advisory Group on Computer Graphics
(AGOCG) and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to produce a survey
of computer graphics and visualisation tools in use in the Social Sciences.
- Several imperatives were identified to be addressed by the survey.
- To discover current visualisation practice in different subject areas across
the social sciences
- To identify specific software packages in use together with the advantages
and disadvantages of using these packages
- To relay current general and subject specific technological limitations
- To attempt to establish a dialog with software vendors to discuss how
technological problems might be resolved
- To engender a debate amongst social scientists on current visualisation
Virtual Environments Visualisation