PV-WAVE CL provides a number of procedures for data input, which are reasonably comprehensive and easy to use, although readers for standard data formats are not available other than for TIFF.
The data input procedures and DC functions include:
Equivalent functions broadly exist for data output (please see the data output chapter).
- READ (formatted read on the standard input stream)
- READF (formatted read from a specified file)
- READU (binary unformatted read from a specified file)
- DC_READ_FIXED (ASCII fixed format)
- DC_READ_FREE (ASCII free format)
- DC_READ_8_BIT (8-bit image data)
- DC_READ_24_BIT (24-bit image data)
- DC_READ_TIFF (Tag Image File Format)
Data import/export error messages and associated options can be specified through the functions:
In general data input is simple and straight forward and the supplied documentation provides useful examples.
- DC_ERROR_MSG (returns text string associated with error condition)
- DC_OPTIONS (set error message reporting level)
Review of Visualisation Systems